I was just watching weeds the other day and the idea of marijuana being legal struck my mind. It also reminded me of the “famous” movie Pineapple Express. The movie drove me crazy, especially the beginning, the little skit about why marijuana might have been banned was really humorous and somewhat rhetoric.
I have never smoked pot. Another thing I might wanna try but not illegally; this reminded me of another episode of weeds about these “Depression Relief” spas where marijuana is converted into munchies and is used as a legal form of anti-depressant and as far as I have heard, its pretty effective. This forced me ponder why India doesn’t have such anti-depressant spa’s, hey, its illegal here as well.
I don’t know why weed shouldn’t be made legal, take tobacco for instance, which not to mention is much more detrimental about 60% more harmful but is still sold legally. May be because pot hasn’t received serious backing like tobacco from corporate giants.
Here are some fun facts about Marijuana.
Seeing this chart you can easily infer that marijuana is far less harmful.
2. Marijuana has been hailed as a prescription for many ills and physicians once used it to stimulate appetite, relieve chronic pain, and treat asthma and migraines.
3. Marijuana has been used throughout history and in many different cultures to change mood, perception, and consciousness (to get “high”). Its effects range from increasing creativity to provoking mystical experiences, to heightening the capacity to feel, sense and share.
4. Marijuana is the most common illegal drug used in the United States. Approximately 100 million Americans have tried marijuana at least once, and more than 25 million have smoked it in the last year.
5. From 1850 to 1942, marijuana was listed in the United States Pharmacopoeia as a useful medicine for nausea, rheumatism, and labor pains and was easily obtained at the local general store or pharmacy.
6. In 1996, California became the first U.S. state to legally allow medical marijuana for patients with a valid doctor’s recommendation.
7. The U.S. Declaration of Independence was written on hemp(marijuana) paper.
8. There are three main types of Marijuana: Cannabis Sativa, Cannabis Indica and Cannabis Ruderalis. Cannabis Sativa grows taller and it gives more of a head high. Indica is a short bushy plant and the high is more muscle relaxing throughout the body. Cannabis Ruderalis grows in colder climates (Eastern Europe and Russia). Skunk is the strong Cannabis Indica hybrid. Interesting fact about marijuana is that marijuana cures/prevents more than 100 diseases including cancer and depression.
It solves the above mentioned problems.
I could only think of 9 interesting facts but everyone is free to chip in for the 10th fact.
Note : Marijuana is illegal in most of the countries and this is not an advisory for anyone to smoke the drug. It is just a person’s opinion and some real facts. JFGI.